Frequently Asked Questions
Billing and payment
How do i create a broken shift allowance?
A Broken Shift Allowance can be created with a "Extra Rule". Note these steps are not to be confused with a "Broken Shift"
Navigate to Menu > Settings > Payroll Rules > Extra Rules > Click the "Create New Rule" button.
The key values to setup:
- Title: This will be the the Payslip Title that appears on the employees payslip. For example "Broken Shift Allowance".
- Group/Employee: Select the Employee affected.
- Fixed or Percentage: Change this option to the desired condition.
The allowance is half an hour of an employee's ordinary pay - Set as Percentage.
The allowance is $19 per broken shift - Set as Fixed.
- Value: Change this value to the desired payment amount.
The allowance is half an hour of an employee's ordinary pay - Set as 0.5.
The allowance is $19 per broken shift - Set as 19.
- Classification: See the Payments Classification Chart for appropriate classification.
- STP Category: See the STP Guide for appropriate category
- Timesheet Lookup: Select Split Shift