Frequently Asked Questions
Billing and payment
What are personal files in the employee profile?
Personal Files allows admins to store and manage individual employee-related documents such as contracts, performance reviews and certifications.
Navigate to Menu > Settings > Employees > edit the applicable Employee > within the Employee Profile, under the Personal Files
Adding a New File
- Click on the "Add File" button to upload a new document
- Title: Enter a descriptive title for the file. This will be displayed to the employee.
- Type: Select the type of file from the dropdown menu. Options include awards, certificates, disciplinary actions, contracts, etc.
- Upload: Attach a required document
- Status: Select the status of the document
- Draft: The file is not yet finalized and visible to the employee.
- Sight and Sign: The employee can view and sign the document to acknowledge receipt and understanding.
- Critical: The document must be signed before the employee can proceed with other tasks, like clocking in.
- Hide: The document is only accessible by admin staff and not visible to the employee.
- Archive: To store the document away from the active list without deleting it.
Employees can sign a document electronically through their Employee Console. Once signed, the document's status updates and it no longer be edited to ensure compliance.
If the document pertains to employee qualifications or skills, consider using the Skills Matrix instead, as employees cannot upload documents to the Personal Files.